Aug 27, 2011

Haven't woken up from the dream yet

Hahahah sooooo yeaaaaah! Sorry for not uploading pictures but I've had some trouble getting my ass to a computer. So right now I'm over at my cousins place and using her computer. It didnt make it all that much easier. Everything is in korean but I feel kind of proud that I am blogging or that I have managed to change the typing from korean letters to english hehe (if you ever face that problem there is a button on the keyboard where you switch, the button is in korean so just try everybutton and you'll find it). But pictures are probably coming up tomorrow!

So what have I been doing so far? Well my cousin and my aunt picked me up at the airport and took me to a family run korean restaurant. My god sooo good food! (I'm expecting to gain 20 kg in the next few months) and well after that we got to "my" appartment which I'm staying in til tomorrow, that's when I get to move in to the dorm! So basically I just tried to get a feeling of the town and then I met up with some really nice exchange students. Feels like I'm off to a great start. I just keep expecting to wake up from this dream. And yes it's really hot here. Jenna I know I should complain but I can't be outside during the day! Praise the guy who invented the aircon!

Fun thing is though a lot of people actually try to communicate with you in english despite that I wouldn't really call it english. But still fun! And the cutest thing is that one of my cousins daughter is so fascinated by me. She is like 8 years old I think. In the beginning she just kept staring at me, and no I don't mean she is hidding behind a corner looking at me. She was literally standing 40 cm infront of me and just kept staring. Then she says something in korean that I don't understand. She must think I'm such an idiot for not being able to speak korean. And when I do speak korean I know that I sound like such a retard so I don't know which is better.

Allright! Well then, I have to try to get too the immigration office on monday since basically you are screwed if you don't have a foreign registration card. Can't open a bank account and can't get a cellphone. I feel so disconnected to the world. But I think I'm going out to lunch with my other two cousins now, at least that's what I think they said... I really need to improve my korean... Oh yeah if you're courious only one of my cousins speaks english. And she has been my rock so far! She's is only in korea for two more weeks then well stayed tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment